Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica) maintains high security standards and uses countermeasures to ensure that your personal and financial data remain confidential. For security purposes, FCSAmerica monitors traffic on its Website to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause damage. Such attempts are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the law.
- We utilize technology and processes to keep unauthorized parties from gaining access to your personal information.
- Our systems limit online account access to those possessing the username and password associated with your account(s).
- We will never contact you and ask for your username, password or other personally identifiable information.
- Firewalls keep our public web servers separate from the servers that contain your account and personal data which are not directly accessible from the Internet.
- We utilize encryption technology that allows for the protection of data in transit between your computer and our systems.
- If your secure session is inactive for a predetermined period of time (e.g., you forget to log out), the secure session will automatically log off for you.
Emails sent from FCSAmerica that contain sensitive information are generally encrypted to ensure your privacy. This includes emails with attachments that contain sensitive information such as credit reports, loan documents and wire transfer documents. If you receive an encrypted email from FCSAmerica, you will need to log into a separate system to receive your message. Examples of sensitive information include:
Protecting Yourself Online
- Social Security numbers
- Tax identification numbers
- Credit card numbers
The following suggestions can help generally increase online security.
- Username and password:
• Never disclose your username or password to anyone else.
• Never write down your username or password.
• Change your password frequently.
• Don't use birth dates, names, or other easily guessed terms associated with you as passwords.
• Create complex passwords that use a combination of lower case, upper case and numbers.
• Substitute numbers for letters, such as a "3" for “e” and a "5" for “s” to add strength to passwords.
- When you have completed your online session, be sure to log out.
- Don't use regular email to send FCSAmerica sensitive information (such as Social Security numbers, account numbers, etc.).
- For more information regarding our secure email system, please contact your local office.
- Don't open attachments in emails if you don't know the sender. Attachments can contain viruses and spyware. Delete unwanted email.
- Maintain an up-to-date anti-virus software program on your computer to detect and eliminate malicious threats.
For more information about customer privacy, visit our Privacy Statement
You are now leaving the Magnify web site.
The link you have selected is located on another server. By clicking the link below, you will leave Magnify and proceed to that site.